Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Happy 1st Year Blogoversary- Chocolate Cake, Please

My good friend Simona Haliga from alison-trials introduced me to the word Blogoversary yesterday, while telling her during our little chat that I was making a cake for the 1 year anniversary of my blog. So I decided to use  the word today, for tomorrow I will complete 1 year of blogging. 
I started off too enthusiastically but I really slowed down as time went since I had to go through my priority list and realized that I had a few "cannot take your eyes off" things to take care of. Well anyways, here I am, with 130 posts published, a bunch of good loyal bloggers who keep coming even if I am not reciprocating all of the time, and a wish almost fulfilled: have my passion for cooking immortalized (unless Google goofs it) in form of words and images.- stingy on writing as I am (at least for now), I let pictures speak, and if they inspire you- my mission is complete!

I wish to offer all the food here to Sai Baba first- who is the owner of it all!

Now the cake: and WHO do you think insisted on blowing the candle? My INSPIRATION!!!

Used this recipe for the crust


2- tone swirls- toffee and chocolate whipped cream!

11 comments :

Ushnish Ghosh said...

Dear Adelina
How are you? I am here after a long time and rarely blog these days. I like that word Blogoversary..So happy Blogoversary and many happy returns of the day!!!.
Apart from this great cake , let me see what all I have missed.
Have a nice week

Adelina said...

@ Ushnish-doing great so far- summer's just starting here so we are in for fun!

Raji said...

Wishing your blog baby happy birthday..the cake is gorgeous and so is your princess.

Swathi said...

Adelina, Happy anniversary to your blog baby. Wishing many more years of happy blogging. Love this chocolate cake. Your Princess is too cute.

Priya said...

Happy blog anniversary Adelina, keep on going, wat a beautiful and irresistible cake to celebrate this fabulous day..Ur lil angel looks adorable..

alison said...

what a beautiful swirls-cake,great-great inspiration!and happy 1-st blogoversary!and many-many beautiful posts!thanks!:)malini is so sweety,bisous!

Fajeeda said...

happy blog anniversary dear.......the cake looks soooo delish.........waiting for more yummy posts.........ur lil one looks so cute......god bless......

jayasree said...

Happy blogoversary....What a pretty cake for the celebration. Wishing you many more such celebrations in the years to come.

You little princess is so adorable.

aipi said...

Congratulations Adelina and wish you and your Blog a long and happy presence in the culinary world!!
I like everything about your blog ~ the writeups, the recipes, the pics ~ the whole works!
Thae cake is a stunner and so is your daughter! Lots of hugs :)
US Masala

Alessandra said...

Ciao Adelina

Happy Blogversary, the cake look really wonderful! And compliment for your beautiful daughter :-), a real cutie!

Ciao
Alessandra

Aarthi said...

This looks yummy....you have a lovely blog...I am having a giveaway in my blog..Y dont you check and join that
http://yummytummy-aarthi.blogspot.com/2011/05/chocolate-recipe-and-chocolate.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails