Sunday, December 18, 2011

Glorious Nutshells- no Need of Nutcracker



...and i can see why they don't make them anymore...at least at home. smart, those young Moldovan ladies. Who has the time to stuff nut shells when you can buy a cake from Franzeluta? Thumbs up.

Nah. Every year when I go home I bring some of my mom's cookery treasures, antiques or vintage stuff of the Old World. Some of those gizmos are nostalgically looked upon here in the US, like my manual meat mincer that has a few attachments for cookie making. So it all started somewhere.

But anyways, nostalgia aside, I dared make those and they were simply delightful. The walnuts and rose jam were brought all the way from Moldova, harvested from our very own walnut tree and rose bush....ah....

I must be nuts.... :)




4 comments :

Priya said...

Looks soo cute and quite addictive,incredible nutshells.

Vijay said...

New Avatar through

ActorAjithandVijay(Me) Blog

http://actorajithandvijay.blogspot.com/

from the source of

Cool Blogs
http://vinothcraig.blogspot.com

Adelina said...

@Vijay: how are the nuts helping yor new avatar?

1st Man said...

Oh my gosh, these look awesome. And I'm totally fascinated by other ways of cooking and other tools you don't see here in the states. Love it! Thanks, I'm always fascinated by your blog and it always makes me hungry, ha.

Related Posts with Thumbnails