Saturday, March 19, 2011

Remembering Majestic India

After a long pause.......I am back. We all enjoyed a rather short trip to Chennai, India  (about 2 weeks), and the multitude of emotions, the infinite colors of its existence and the experience is one that cannot be put in writing- neither is it my goal for a food blog post. 

On the culinary level, is there another place on Earth that caters better to vegetarians? I sincerely doubt.  Every nook and corner is blessed with food stalls, and grand restaurants that tantalize your taste buds in a way to be remembered for long. 


Here are a few highlights of my love affair with food in India- a few restaurants me and my husband went to ( Taj Hotel, Sheraton Park Hotel, Barbecue Nation ....few others that the names escape now)- all offering amazing ambiance and food.- let the shots speak for themselves!


Waiting for the menu- perhaps!

A rather unusual starter- spiced baby corn...

Barbecue on each table
Barbecue on each table- and lots of marinades!
Chef cooking some delectable patties and snacks!
At Sheraton's- the aplams and deep fried chilies were a real treat!
At Sheraton's- the aplams and deep fried chilies were a real treat!- do not forget the chutneys and pickles!

The Thali- one I will not forget- and neither will my stomach!

Had almost forgotten it was March 8th- until the waiter brought this exuberant dessert- compliments of the restaurant!

10 comments :

Ramya said...

Iam drooling here:)Oh!!How I miss idiyapam of SouthIndia...

tamizh azhagi said...

Adelina,You are a real food lover and I have to tell you the way you write about them and the way that you capture them in the camera make the food every more appetizing and make any one fall in love with food .Yes,definitely Indian food without a doubt .Glad u had a great time in India in short time .Take care.
Sumathi

Swathi said...

Adelina sure you are nice thali, halwa and mysore paku I think is making me drooling.

sangeeta said...

We loved all this food too during a recent chennai visit..the maysore pak s just awesome.

Mina Joshi said...

Wow what a treat. I am going to Chennai in June so am now looking forward to the visit.

Priya said...

Omg, wat a fabulous treat to eyes, am missing all those droolworthy dishes..

Amritha Kalyani said...

I am happy that you liked it in Chennai. I miss Chennai. your pics are great. hope u had wonderful time there.

jayasree said...

What a feast to the eyes...Delightful captures.

veena krishnakumar said...

Great to see that u enjoyed chennai. But i missed u:-(

Alessandra said...

Welcome back, and the photos are great! I wish I was there trying that food too! I must get back to India one day :-).

ciao
A.

Related Posts with Thumbnails