Saturday, February 5, 2011

Navaratnam Korma- my SiL's Delightful Lunch


Last week I had a lot of fun with my sister in law, Sumathi, who was visiting us from California. She is an amazing cook, as well as being a talented singer and poet (her blog here). One of our midweek's meals was also one of the best I ever had- one of my favourites in the Indian restaurants' menu- Navaratnam Korma- which she patiently made using fresh spices (coriander, cloves, cardamom, cinnamon, and nutmeg). Of course, the must haves- paneer (grated), raisins and cashew nuts crown up this fragrant blend of milk gravy and  9 vegetables- let it be your choice, really. 

 Sunday, at the temple. My SiL and my baby, I, still chewing on the kozhukattai- prasad, and my mom who would have never dreamed of being without her head scarf and dressed in Indian- hope my dad never sees it!!!


I do apologize to her for not publishing the recipe- there are very many out there on the net one could use- and she did tell me she took it from the net- and I do not want to infringe on anyone's copyrights- besides, when was it the last time I published one- time time time- later on, I guess.
I am however publishing some of the shots I took during the cooking process- those are mine, for sure!










15 comments :

Satya said...

navaratna kurma looks delicious ... your daughter looks cute and nice to see ur mom too in the saree ...
nice family click

Super Yummy Recipes

Satya said...

Forgot to mention your SIL is indeed very talented, you are very lucky and it truly reflects the world is one big family

Pia said...

Nice clicks. Navratan korma is looking very delicous. Nice family photo too

Cook Healthy

alison said...

ce frumos sa va vad pe toate,sunteti superbe!chiar ma intrebam ce se ascunde in falcutele tale...:)
cit despre mincare,ca de obicei,un amestec luxuriant de legume si arome!
ps:ma intrebai ce ar zice bunica sa vada orezul meu rulat.simplu:
"mona,da stiu ca ai timp sa te scarpini in ...treci fata la treaba!":))caci ea a muncit o viata pe brinci,avind grija de familia noastra...

Prathima Rao said...

Love the fly portrait Adelina..Ur lil one is a doll!!! Ur mom looks good in a saree too n ofcourse u too..:) And as for the gravy it is so much better than the restaurant version..The gravy is too perfect & love the dry fruits peeping out from this creamy gravy..No wonder it was the best meal!
Prathima Rao
Prats Corner

Priya said...

Woww u guys looks gorgeous in our Indian customs..Navratna kurma is definitely a delightful dish to enjoy anytime..

Alessandra said...

The kurma looks lovely, and your mum very elegant :-)

ciao

Alessandra

Swathi said...

Navaratan korma looks awesome. Your princess is cute how old is she?. Your mom looks good in saree. Kudos to your sister in law making this ultimate delicious gravy.

Prathima Rao said...

I have a surprise waiting for u in my blog..Do drop in & check it out..;)
Prathima Rao
Prats Corner

jayasree said...

Delicious kurma..

Lovely family snap. Liked your girl very much. You and your mom look very elegant in saree.

Adelina said...

thanks folks!

Pierce said...

What a lovely family photo. Thank you for sharing,

glidingcalm said...

That looks incredible!!! :) Happy Monday!! And Valentine's Day if you celebrate!! :)

Nisa Homey said...

Your mom looks perfect in the saree...pls get the navratna kurma recipe...

Sheeba Asariah said...

love the clicks.....

Related Posts with Thumbnails