Thursday, September 30, 2010

A Salad in Disguise


Browsing through my old food pictures, I ran into this salad which I made years back, and it brought me back memories of parties I used to throw and the fun we used to have!!! Well, with a new baby on board, life changed quite a bit (to better), but I no longer have the luxury of time to entertain the way I used to....well, not till long- my daughter already shows signs of culinary talent!- 
Back to the cake- I remember some of my guests used to ask :"Is this a cake?" well, you might as well call it a cake, but it is a salad cake: layered potatoes, eggs, mushrooms, carrots, ground walnuts, and mayonnaise between each layer- be creative! Layer one level at a time, and shape it into a circle, then proceed with the next one! 


My Tiny Inspiration!






6 comments :

Swathi said...

Salad looks beautiful. Like it
Your little princess is cute too. Sure she is going to help mama while growing up.

Satya said...

wow ur cake salad looks so delicious ...i just want to taste it ...can u share the full recipe ,i am very much weak in making salads ..love to learn..ur little one is very cute ..give my lot of hugs to her

Satya
http://www.superyummyrecipes.com

Amritha Kalyani said...

your daughter looks really cute.. trying hard to push the cart ... :-) you salad looks yummy ... Am sure its really healthy...

Ramya said...

Looks more like a cake..Yumm!!
Ur daughter is a doll!!

Prathima Rao said...

Ur lil princess is sooo...cute!!Love d salad presentation too...

alison said...

o salata minunata si o fetita superba,sa va creasca mare si sa aiba un car de noroc!:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails