Saturday, September 18, 2010

Rutabaga Crisps- an Uncommon Treat

Rutabaga is known for its excellent nutritional values and low calorie content, and now I also know that it makes tasty crisp snacks that would be nibbled with great interest by anybody. I tested a recipe I had in my "5 a Day" cookbook and I promised myself I would make it again and again. Dipped in beaten egg and coated in bread crumbs seasoned with paprica, black pepper, coriander powder, and fried in vegetable oil ( you can deep fry it too), served with fresh  tomato chutney- you just cannot go wrong!

10 comments :

Ushnish Ghosh said...

Dear Adelina
Thats a great one..I did not know that rutabaga can be fried this way. We make delicious curry with this.
It will be another 2 months before we get good ones here. So need to wait.
Have a nice weekend

Jay said...

Completely new to me dear..goes to my must try list now...

Tasty Appetite

aipi said...

Very innovative..looks crispy n delish!

US Masala

Prathima Rao said...

Never knew could make rutabaga this way....Nice one n a must-try!

Tanvi said...

Oh wow...Thanks for telling me about the win Adelina...I never checked the mail in my inbox!!! You are the one with the good news for me today :)
Never had fried turnips ever...but I think they ll taste good...coz deep fried stuff is heavenly no matter what!!!

Mary said...

I have never seen these before and you've made me curious to try them. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

Cool Lassi(e) said...

I make sambhar and french fries out of this Rutabaga. Lovely crisps with tomato chutney.

Amritha Kalyani said...

Wonderful space Adelina... This is very innovative. I am hearing this for th first time. Looks so delicious! 1st time here . Like your recipes. really nice :-)

Umm Mymoonah said...

I never heard about this rutabaga but looks very yummy.

Pushpa said...

Yum! Yum!

Related Posts with Thumbnails