Friday, September 10, 2010

Potato and Carrot Soup- Welcome Fall


In Moldova, and in many countries around her, seasons are  defined meteorologically rather than by the equinox.  So fall starts on September 1st, and along with it,  the harvest celebration starts. I really miss the wooden boxes with colourful root vegetables, corn, pumpkins, that are lined up in our yard ready for storing in the cellar or attic.
I thought of marking this event with this humble but aromatic soup fit for the " 4 ingredient cookbook". I happened to have some dry dill and parsley that I brought from Moldova last year- and together with bay leaves, that really brought up the taste of this simple, but nourishing soup.
 



7 comments :

girlichef said...

Love the big chunks of veg...perfect way to welcome fall =)

Radhika said...

The color of the veggies so resemble the fall colors. Great way to welcome fall.

Prathima Rao said...

Nice way to welcome d fall!!Love d colors!!

Monet said...

A simple soup full of nourishment and flavor. This is a wonderful way to welcome these cooler days. Thank you so much for sharing with me.

alison said...

ce iubesc supa asta,imi aminteste de bunica si supele ei absolut delicioase,cu legumele taiate grob si aromate cu verdeturi uscate!

Mary said...

This is a lovely soup to begin the fall season. It looks very hearty and I'm sure it is delicious. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

DEESHA said...

I love vegetables .. looks nice

Related Posts with Thumbnails