Sunday, September 19, 2010

A Melon-Watermelon Affair, or the Last of the Summer Breath



This is another experiment of mine using agar agar, the vegetarian "gelatin" that I used for the making of my blueberry cheesecake with vegetarian jelly topping.
After ruining a couple of fruits (or vegetables :) depending who you ask), before I got my ball scooping close to perfect, I ended up with a rainbow of goodness and a lot of juice!- and the cake tasted great, trust me!
I used a spring form to assemble the cake- much easier to get the topping stay in place! The inside is immaterial, if you ask me....- it's the TOP that matters in this case- and the effect is really one to remember!

11 comments :






Dr.Sameena Prathap
said...

Hi Adelina,

Looks amazing dear...must have really enjoyed making it...

Send me some!

Dr.Sameena@

www.myeasytocookrecipes.blogspot.com
www.lovelypriyanka.blogspot.com

Sanjeeta kk said...

Lovely use of agar agar, Adelina. The cake looks gorgeous.

Prathima Rao said...

Awesome pic Adelina!

Priya said...

Wat an elegant dessert..yumm!

Mary said...

This is so beautiful it took my breath away. You have outdone yourself. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

Cool Lassi(e) said...

The cake is certainly a work of art and I would be upset to eat it cause it looks too pretty.
Is there a recipe that I can follow blindly? I would like to know how you poured the gelatin-goo on top of the cake.

Swathi said...

Cheese cake looks awesome. Nice color. I like the way you used gelatin.

Amritha Kalyani said...

wonderful presentation ... Looks soooo yummy Adelina.... Great work!

Tanvi said...

Very beautiful cake Adelina...The effort you would have put in pinching those balls shines gorgeously on the cake top!

Mina Joshi said...

The cake looks perfect and delicious.

alison said...

ce idee geniala de ornare a unui tort,cite fructe savuroase!si o poza de o armonie rara!de invidiat ca ai agar-agar,in romania nu s-a auzit de el decit pe ici-colo,il aduce lumea de peste granita.stiu ca este o varianta mult mai healthy decit gelatina.

Related Posts with Thumbnails