Saturday, September 25, 2010

Black Bean and Salsa- Another Day, Another Soup


I might have inherited it from my father, for his meals are not complete without a soup (the bortsh type though). I find soups to be acting like a balm for the stomach, and one cannot go wrong with them, seriously!
And anytime I cook beans, I save some for soups- and such is the story of this fellow here. After we enjoyed the black beans in quesadilla and as dip for corn tortillas, the next in line was the soup.
I got the inspiration from a Special Edition of Family Fun- Dinnertime. Although the recipe called for store bought salsa, I decided to customize mine at home: tomatoes, jalapenos, onion, garlic, red wine vinegar, chilies...on the fly, indeed! Did not dice the salsa too fine- I love texture in my soups! The black beans beautifully complemented the heat in it- and a treat it was!


7 comments :

Tanvi said...

You seem to be in love with black beans Adelina!I see a fantastic black bean recipe every week from you.And can you believe I have never tried these at home..eaten only in restaurants!
The soup bowl looks comforting!Slurrrp!

Priya said...

Wat a droolworthy salsa, looks awesome..

Prathima Rao said...

Comforting soup on a cold day...Love d addition of beans..Makes a complete meal in itself with few slices of bread maybe..Keep posting such wonderful recipes!!

Mary said...

What a lovely soup. It warms the heart and the belly. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

www.cristinasdelish.blogspot.com said...

mmmmm,yummy!!!

Swathi said...

Lovely soup. I love salsa.

Satya said...

wonderful soup recipe dear ...i always love these type of healthy n filling soup ...yummy

Satya
http://www.superyummyrecipes.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails