Monday, August 23, 2010

Blueberry Cheesecake with Vegetarian Jelly Toping

I have always liked jellies and as kids we had our famous cherry "red aspic" for holidays. Since I became a vegetarian, I have been reluctant to try anything with gelatin since it is obtained from animal flesh. Many folks do not know this fact and I am surprised that even some vegetarian restaurants serve it, and when asked what that was, they would just simply answer :"jelly". Well, there are alternatives there: Agar is a red algae and a unique vegetable source protein. I purchased it through Amazon.com, and it worked perfect for the jelly topping I made for my blueberry cheesecake. 







12 comments :

Pushpa said...

Yumm Yumm....

Kulsum@JourneyKitchen said...

Hey there! Just stumbled upon your blog. You have a beautiful blog I must say. For quiet sometime now, I have been trying to make vegetarian dishes more than I ever did. Which can be pretty difficult for non vegetarians like us. Blogs like yours inspire to do better :).

I love anything cheesecake and this looks scrumptious! I always have agar agar. Even though we use gelatin, I like the consistency and texture of agar agar better.I often use it to top most of my trifles with colorful agar agar. Its lovely to chew on.

And you are beautiful! HAD to say that :)

Sanjeeta kk said...

Very cute looking cheese cakes Adelina, kids are gonna love these.

alison said...

wow,such a dramatic look !your cake is delicious!

Swathi said...

Blueberry cheese cake look delicious. I love anything blueberries.

Satya said...

awesome cheese cake ....looks so tempting ..yummy

Satya
http://www.superyummyrecipes.com

Tanvi said...

Wow, I can only dream of cutting my cake slices so neat.These look soooo beautiful & delish!

aipi said...

Beautiful cheese cake!!

Cool Lassi(e) said...

You are an artist! Perfect little squares of joy!

Prats Corner said...

Hey thr...stumbled upon ur space today n love all ur clicks..Now following u.Chk out my blog sometime!

Hamaree Rasoi said...

I'm going crazy here....Fantastic pictures...blueberry cheese cake looks delicious....Virtually enjoying
Deepa
Hamaree Rasoi

Priya said...

Omg, stunning cheesecake looks sooo beautiful..

Related Posts with Thumbnails