Parboiled rice - 1 cup
Split urad dal - 1 cup
Methi seeds - 1/2 tsp
Chana dal- 3 tblspoons
Salt - to taste
Oil for frying
- Soak all the ingredients except, salt and oil for about 4-5 hours.
- Drain the water and grind to a smooth batter adding sufficient water for grinding.
- Add salt and mix well.
- Keep it for fermenting overnight or till the volume of the batter has doubled.
- Mix the batter well. The consistency of the batter should be of regular pancake batter.
- Spread the batter on the heated griddle, drizzle few teaspoons of oil, fry on one side only.
- Roll it before serving and serve it with coconut chutney and sambar.