Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Buttermilk Soup, aka Moor Cozhambu


Unlike other South Indian soups, this one is very mild, and that might be the reason why I love it so much. It is usually served as gravy on top of plain rice, but I enjoy it in a cup and just sipping....sipping! Ground cumin and coriander give it flavour. Squashes, okra or carrots are most used veggies to make it, but you can employ other ones as well. The base for this soup is buttermilk and it is normally added at the end, once the veggies are cooked and all flavours incorporated. Be creative!

8 comments :

Satya said...

wow delicious ...love this kozhambu ..taste heavenly with rice ..

Satya
http://www.superyummyrecipes.com

aipi said...

never had this before..but I love buttermilk based gravies..will try it!
I am really loving the texture n color!

US Masala

Amritha Kalyani said...

I started liking this kozhambu after marriage.. Its so easy to make and thats one main reason i like it ;-) yours looks so delicious.

Mary said...

How beautiful. Photos like this make people want to expand their food horizons. This soup sounds wonderful. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

Mina Joshi said...

Love this kozhambu. It's very similar to the khadhi we make.

Prathima Rao said...

I love kozhambu..perfect wid steamed rice!!Urs looks damn tasty!!

alison said...

your soup looks very yummy,adeline!

Hamaree Rasoi said...

I would love to have this Buttermilk based soup during lunch....Tempting pictures....
Deepa

Related Posts with Thumbnails