Anyways....am short of words today, so let the pictures speak for me. (story of my life!)
one more:Serves 4
One more thing- if you are not a big fan of pineapple in food, skip it. It was my husband's big idea- he has it on pizza as well, I mean, HIS half of pizza :
- 1 4 oz firm tofu
- 5 medium cooked carrots
- ½ cup chopped fresh or canned pineapple, drained
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup fresh coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6-7 curry leaves
- Drain and remove excess moisture from the tofu by gently pressing with a clean cloth or paper towel. Chop the tofu into ½ inch cubes. Set aside.
- Slice the cooked carrot into ½ inch pieces. Set aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a nonstick pan and stir fry the tofu until golden-brown and crisp.
- Add the curry leaves and carrot pieces to the fried tofu and fry for another minute on medium heat. Remove from heat.
- In a separate pan, dry roast the cumin seeds, the black sesame seeds and the coconut flakes, each separately.
- Using a mortar and pestle, or grinder, coarsely grind the cumin seeds.
- Add the coconut flakes, cumin and sesame seeds to the tofu and carrot mix.
- Add paprika, chili powder and salt and cook the whole mixture for 2 minutes on low heat so all the flavors incorporate well, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and let slightly cool. Add the pineapple chunks and mix well.
- Optional: Garnish with coconut shavings and carrot.