Saturday, May 7, 2011

Udon Soup- Interesting Flavours Again


One day a while back I was looking for some good recipes for my udon noodles, and certainly something that is vegetarian....and I ran across this page that gave me a chance to use what I had in my pantry to fulfill my quest.
I made my dashi using shiitake mushrooms and kombu (edible kelp)- which rendered a rather strong broth, hence I avoided adding the mushrooms themselves to the soup- just kept it plain with tofu, broccoli and some scallions! My mother found the taste rather odd (it takes a bit of training your buds if oriental flavours are a stranger to you!), but the rest of us just gulped it!

5 comments :

Swathi said...

Udon soup looks awesome. I love them. Can you give me vegetarian dashi recipe. Happy mothers day to you.

Cooking Gallery said...

I love udon soups, but I've never tried it with vegetarian dashi broth. Sounds interesting, thank you for sharing :)

Alessandra said...

Lovely recipe, this is my kind of dish: broth, udon, veggies and all ingredients included. I also like your photos!

ciao
Alessandra

Priya said...

Awesome,quite a comforting,filling and wonderful bowl of delicious soup..

CinnamonNChillies said...

Meal in a bowl!!! I love it!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails