This time I thought I would give it a try with a salad! It is easy to eat the salad off the plate, but how much easier it is to have it wrapped in a cozy tortilla! Especially if you are on the run!
It takes about 10 minutes to prepare the whole thing (granted you already have the tortilla or chapatti), and you have a healthy, delicious and crunchy snack in minutes!
If you do not have the ready made chapatis, it is really easy to make them from scratch! Flour, water, salt, a bit of muscle force- as I said before!
For 4 servings you will need:
- 4 whole medium sized wheat tortillas or chapatis
- 1 carrot- julienned
- 1/2 cucumber, julienned
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, sliced
- 4 green onion sprouts
- 4 parsley strands
- salt to taste
- black pepper
- olive oil
- Place 1 tortilla or chapati flat on a surface
- Place a lettuce leaf on the upper half of it, as you face it
- Place little of carrot, cucumber, red and green bell pepper, green onion and parsley
- Sprinkle with olive oil, season with salt and black pepper
- Fold the lower half over the upper half, and wrap the tortilla to form a cone shaped wrap
- As a variation, place all the ingredients, including the seasoning, in a row starting from the lower half working towards the upper half, as you face it
- Wrap tightly to form a tube, then cut diagonally to obtain two wraps
- Salad wrap ready in minutes, enjoy!