Be it the Super Bowl Sunday or just a casual craving, one sometimes needs a quick recipe to fix a snack. How about Bean Dip?
There are many ways to make bean dips, and this is just one of them, and one of my favourite as well. When it comes to beans, I love cooking them at home using my best kitchen pal- the pressure cooker- simply because I do not have the time in the store to read those fine prints in the ingredient list to search for lard. Even "less then 3 % lard" makes a dish non-vegetarian....thus the fuss! So I made my own refried beans- easy as 123!
The chip- I bake my uncooked tortillas and just break them to make chips- so yummy. Of course, corn tortillas would be a perfect mate to this dish!
- 1.5 cup refried pinto beans ((at room temperature)
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 chopped fresh tomato
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon cumin seeds
- Cilantro and green chili for garnishing
- Crush the garlic with cumin seeds using a grinder or pestle and mortar.
- Add the refried beans and chopped tomatoes to it. Season with salt, lemon juice and mix well.
- Garnish with cilantro and sliced green chilies- if you wish.
- You cannot go wrong with beans and chips, so enjoy!