I have made home made pizzas countless times, but for some reason never shaped it into rolls. Cannot think of a reason, but just haven't. Well, we were due for pizza already and the idea of rolls just popped into my head. So now I have check marked the rolls on my cooking log!
- One usually starts with pizza or bread dough (no sarcasm here, because I have seen spring roll "pizza" rolls too).
- Roll the dough pretty thin into a rectangular or square shape and spread the tomato sauce, followed by sliced crimini bella mushrooms and sliced black olives.
- Roll it to form a log and slice it evenly.
- Lay the rolls on a greased baking sheet and leave it in a warm place for the rolls to double in size.
- Bake at 350F till golden brown. Brush them with olive oil and enjoy hot.