After a spicy, rich lunch, one just naturally craves for some cool-me-down drink.
I love this refreshing and invigorating drink both hot and cold, depending on the season. But with 100F outside, you can guess my preference.
- 4.5 cups water
- 4 black tea bags
- 1 inch piece ginger, peeled and grated
- 3 small sticks cinnamon, ground
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (optional)
- ice (optional)
- In a medium-sized pot, bring water to boil. Add ginger and cinnamon and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the tea bags and steep for 5 minutes. Remove the tea bags.
- Stir in sugar until fully dissolved. Let cool, and then transfer to the refrigerator to chill for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, strain and divide into individual glasses and garnish with cinnamon sticks. Serve with ice if you prefer the long, lingering chill.