This is one of those guilty dishes (what do you call 700 cal per serving?) that I do not make very often. They are more on the "impress" than "good to have it everyday" list. It is fairly simple to make it and outcome is exquisite. Now I know, my mother, who is an avid cook herself, would not approve of such a rebellious combination on her repertoire, but I wanted to give it a try.
This is an inspiration from one of the Food Network shows. I do not clearly remember whose it was, since it has been years since I watched it, but it was sketched down and has been a "remember that recipe?" in my mind ever since.
Ingredients you will need :
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese ( about 7 oz. each)
- 5 oz frozen raspberry
- 5 oz fresh raspberry
- 1 medium sized lettuce
- 5 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 1 small onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt, black pepper, sugar
- 1 egg
- 8 oz cottage cheese
- 2.5 oz milk
- 6 tablespoons plain bread crumbs
- 1 spoon cream
- Thaw the raspberry. Separate the lettuce leaves. Finely chop the onion. Mix the vinegar with 5 tablespoons water, 1 tablespoon oil, season with salt, pepper and a pinch of sugar
- Puree the thawed raspberry, cottage cheese and milk. Season with salt, black pepper and a pinch of sugar.
- Mix the lettuce with the chopped onions and fresh raspberry
- Whisk the egg and cream. Dip each slice of mozzarella in the egg mix and then coat with breadcrumbs. Fry in the rest of oil.
- Serve the salad and cheese, top with the raspberry cream.