I usually reserve the tofu- sweet potato combination for my burgers and patties, but today I thought they would look good in my stir-fry...and not only did they look good, they also tasted great!
And next to the broccoli and carrot, the subtle flavours just couldn't get better! Serve it next to stir-fried vermicelli or rice. Try it yourself one day...
- 1 pound firm tofu, cubed
- 1 medium sized sweet potato, cubed
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup sliced yellow carrot
- 1 inch ginger, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ground soybean paste
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons sesame seed oil
- 4 servings of wheat vermicelli - cooked
- Marinate the tofu cubes in soy sauce for a couple of hours
- In a hot wok, pour the oil and stir fry the ginger. Remove promptly and set aside.
- Add the sweet potato cubes and stir fry till crisp. Remove and set aside.
- Stir fry the tofu cubes until crisp and brown in color. Remove and set aside.
- Stir fry the broccoli and carrot till done. Remove and set aside.
- Add the ground soybean paste and stir fry the drained cooked vermicelli till slightly crisp.
- Mix the tofu and sweet potato together, do the same with broccoli and carrot.
- Place the vermicelli on a plate, sprinkle with sesame seeds, add the stir fried vegetables and enjoy!