Monday, July 19, 2010

Taco Shell Salad- a Third Guise



Earlier in one of my posts I was talking about taco shell salad in two guises and little did I know that there was a third one- surprise, surprise. Well now, I am not claiming to have discovered it, I am sure folk around there are aware of it, but to me it came as a great revelation! ( I have not considered the fourth shape though, the bent shell one usually finds in stores and restaurants...)

Last time I was religiously puncturing the air bubbles so my shell turns out flat, but this time I forgot about it altogether- until my husband announced me that if I do not appear back same moment, our toaster- oven would burst!:)) The conclusion: sometimes great things happen when you take your eyes off the oven.


The salad is a bit different than the previous one, featuring more cabbage, lettuce, tomatoes, avocados, sour cream... But this is not about the salad, no no no!
  1. So you start with an uncooked tortilla, place it in the oven at about 400 F and wait till it puffs. Leave it for a while longer at 300 F for it to harden.
  2. Remove from oven and carefully cut the top off using a knife.
  3. Fill it with your choice of salad.

6 comments :

Umm Mymoonah said...

Wow! That looks like an work of art, loved your taco baskets also, looks so perfect.

Malar Gandhi said...

Wow, looks awesome, splendid...refreshing toppings.

Cool Lassi(e) said...

Great discovery! But I have to say the structured taco shell looks way better than this amoebic shaped shell.

Mary said...

That is an amazing discovery. It's certainly something I never would have thought of, but it's an idea I'll be using this summer. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

delhibelle said...

how cool! there's an indian version of this called "raj kachori"

Vegetarian Yogini said...

I thought there should be one, since Indians have chapatis, they puff too:) Thanks for visiting my site!

Related Posts with Thumbnails