Black beans and rice are widely used throughout South and Central America in countless variations, and this Caribbean inspiration happened to crown my lunch table today! Don't I love meals that are wholesome, delicious and still kind to your wallet? And any leftovers just get better next meal!
I am sharing this recipe with anyone who has exotic cravings for the ubiquitous rice and beans!
- 3-4 spoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups cooked black beans
- 2.5 cups cooked whole grain rice
- 4-5 mini bell peppers
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onions
- juice of half lemon
- half a cup chopped cilantro
- Roast the onions and bell peppers. Peel the bell peppers.
- Heat the oil in a heavy bottom pan and fry the garlic and ground black pepper.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves and lemon wedges and serve hot. Bon Apetit!