Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Black Bean and Vegetable Soup


Soup again, and you will see plenty of them since they are my best friends in summer! Light, nutritious and easy to make- can you wish for more? Well, I cant. This hero today is a leftover byproduct, since I do tend to overestimate the consumption potential of two-not-so-voracious eaters. Anyways, I had some cooked black beans already in my fridge and thought of transmigrating them into a soup for lunch...and quesadilla to go with it! This is the way I did it:

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup chopped carrots
  • 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
  • 1/2 cup chopped onions
  • 1/2 cup cauliflower florets
  • 1/2 cup corn
  • 1 cup cooked black beans
  • oil, salt and water
  • cilantro leaves for garnishing
Directions:
  1. In a sauce pan, heat little oil and fry the onions till translucent
  2. Add carrots and fry till they are slightly soft
  3. Add cauliflower and fry for another minute on medium heat
  4. Add tomatoes, corn and black beans
  5. Season with salt
  6. Add water to desired consistency and simmer till the vegetables are tender.
  7. Garnish with cilantro leaves and serve





3 comments :

Hamaree Rasoi said...

That's really a healthy bowl of soup. With lots of veggies I bet it must have tasted well also.
Adelina thanks a lot for dropping by my blog and leaving nice comment . Hope to see u again at Hamaree Rasoi
till then bye
Deepa

Mary said...

It is still too warm here for this kind of soup. I have, however, bookmarked this to try in the fall. I love all the ingredients you've used to make it. I hope the day treats you well. Blessings...Mary

Anonymous said...

Love the soup colors! and you food staging as well!

Related Posts with Thumbnails