For making this hero today I used:
- 2 cups cooked pinto beans
- 1 cup carrots, sliced
- 1/2 cup green beans
- 1/2 cup yellow corn
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 2 mini red bell peppers, chopped
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- water or vegetable stock
- Heat the oil in a pan and slightly fry the chopped garlic, onion and black pepper
- Add the tomatoes and salt and keep cooking for another minute.
- Add the corn and mix well. Simmer for a minute.
- Add the beans and chopped bell peppers, some water or vegetable stock to obtain desired soup consistency, cover the pot and simmer for about 3 minutes, till all the flavours are well incorporated.